Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Health and Beauty Skin Care Lessons I've Learned

As I long for the days to be outside basking in
the sun instead of stuffed in my 'cave' (read-office)
I'm also aware of the damage the sun can cause.
Lots of people come to see me After the fact and
wonder why their skin is so dry and brittle even
though they use the best skin lotions.

I'm a strong proponent for taking care of the
Inside of my body. I've learned that when I'm
well hydrated, eating fresh fruits, keeping my
organs humming along my skin looks great.

As I'm now starting out my new decade of 50's,
I do notice that my skin is not as supple as
it once was. But do I really expect it to
look like my twenty-one year old daughters??
Nahh!

I did an experiment where I tried taking a
tablespoon of flaxseed for a few months but
the taste can gag a maggot! Then onto using
Vitamin E but that made my stomach feel
queesy. I ate lots of guacamole when I lived
in San Diego thinking the natural fats would
be good for me. I just ended up putting on
a few extra pounds.

Then I started rubbing my body down with
extra virgin olive oil after my showers. But
that only made me feel like a greased turkey!
I'm not one to use lots of lotions, since
I know most of them contain chemicals and
preservatives I don't want on my body.

I finally hit on a great way to take care
of my skin. About once a month I do a couple
of colonics, clean out my liver by taking
liver herbs, and rub my body with fine sea
salt crystals during my shower. Wow! Baby
smooth skin! I love the feeling!

I only do this a couple of days out of a
month and have found that my weight is staying
stable, my skin is glowing, I feel super!

Until next time,
Judy

No comments: