Monday, April 21, 2008

Computer Geeks Beware of the Inner Tube!

This Saturday I attended a great seminar for people who
love to blog, podcast, or vlog. Excellent information!
Super nice people! Well worth the time!

Being the observant traditional naturopath that I am,
I did notice lots of belly jelly wiggling! I know for
myself that when I 'm sitting behind the computer too
long, my posture begins to go. My eyes get itchy.
My back begins to ache.

So for all my new found computer geeky friends and
soon to be friends, let me share with you a few tips
I hope will help you!

~ Blink and Breathe!
Do you ever end up staring at the computer screen so
long the words begin to blur???
It's extremely important to look up from the screen
every few seconds (yes I said seconds!). Take a
glance out the window. Look at the wall.

While you're doing this, take a deep breathe.

This will immediately get more blood flow to your
brain. Which of course then helps you to think
better, think faster! Yeah!

~ Shrug your shoulders.
By simply lifting your shoulders all the way to your
ears, you loosen the stiffness in your upper back.
Again, this allows more blood flow to your brain.

~ Keep your posture.
By keeping your arms level with your keyboard,
sitting up straight, both feet level, all will keep
stress to a minimum. No more putting your laptop on
your lap!

If all else fails, get out and get some fresh air!
Being inside all the time working behind the screen
can do some serious damage to your body in the long
run. When there's lack of circulation, your body
begins to swell (ankles, wrists, arms,etc). Or
your blood flow can actually slow down and sludge up.

Your body is made for movement.

Keep a stationary bike in your room.
Have some free weights or other exercise toys around.
I like rubber bands, but anything that catches your
interest is fine. I personally like to throw a
Koosh ball around. It gives my eyes some much needed
rest!

Until next time,
Judy

1 comment:

Heather Solos said...

This is one thing the kids actually "help" with. I never get the uninterrupted time at the computer that I would like. Nursing keeps about ten pounds on me, if I try to lose it, I feel run down and my supply goes to pot. So, I've given up that fight until late this fall.

Anyhow Judy, it was so nice meeting you. I wish you the best of luck with your blogging endeavor.