Monday, June 9, 2008

Beautiful Skin is Only a Brush Away

Here in South Carolina I thought there would be
lots of women with beautiful smooth skin. I'm
finding however the opposite...everyone is
complaining of dry, itchy skin.

After coming back from the Caribbean islands,
where everyone truly has gorgeous skin, I
went back through my notes.

Here's what I found:
~ natural fats vs bad fats
I know on the islands they eat lots of fried
foods, which are the bad fats.

So what makes their skin so great?

They use, eat, soak in coconuts!
Everywhere you go there's coconut milk
served. The older generation is big into
using coconut oil as well as olive oil
for the hair. Leaves your hair feeling
absolutely luxurious. I couldn't believe
how much better it felt than any conditioner
I've ever used!

Putting coconut oil on your skin instead
of lotions is also fantastic. The skin
needs as much natural fats as possible
and coconut is definitely easy on
the skin AND the inside of your body.

But here's an old stand by...

Using a dry brush on your skin before you
shower works wonders in getting that old
dead flaky skin off. Plus it leaves your
skin feeling smooth and silky.

While in the shower, scrub your body
all over with natural sea salt. Just a
handful, wet it, and scrub your skin from
head to foot. You will be amazed at how
smooth your skin will become!

Until next time,
Judy

No comments: